Monday, March 24, 2008

McCain Is Old

Talking to my roommates the other day I realized a fact that I have overlooked so far: John McCain is old. I'm not talking about president old, like my dad's getting kind of old. I'm not convinced he would live long enough to spend two terms in office. Not that I'd want him to but still, it's a little unnerving.

I found a pretty hilarious video appealing to any possible voters older than McCain. But besides the fact that it's funny that he is REALLY getting up there, the fact is that the president's job is pretty overwhelming. McCain has not only lived a long life but he has lived a hard life. Being a Vietnam POW is a pretty rough event in one's life. It's not like what most of us go through, and it probably ages a person faster than their friends and families who didn't spend years in a torturous environment.

If we go along with Anna's proposal each year in the presidential office is 7. I think that's steep so we'll say every year is equivalent to 3. So lets add 8 years of life onto what he already is--that would make him 79 with the extra stress put on him from the POW experience. If he became president, at the end of his first term, he'd be 91. That's pretty much dead, not to be harsh. At least that makes the vice presidential candidate an exciting pick, you'll never know when we'll really need him. Ouch.


No comments: