Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Love Dumb Americans

I admit that I don't know everything there is to know about the rest of the world. Unlike some other students my age however, I do care to learn. I'm interested in international issues and I always read world news before national and local. One thing that I find hilarious though is a good ignorant American joke.

Nation Of Andorra Not In Africa, Shocked U.S. State Dept. Reports
To be serious, I honestly do think that if American's could pull their heads out of their asses and realize that we are not the end all be all of the world, we could gain some international respect. No wonder other countries hate us, we don't know anything about them! We don't even know what countries exist and what countries don't. Of course, I know this video was probably edited and re-edited and re-edited to find the more ignorant southerns they possibly could. Even still, it's pretty sad to hear some of the answers they give.

I'm not being anti-American when I say this. I actually do love America and the idea of what it stands for. Through and through patriotic ideals. Because of that I think it would do a lot of good in a day and age where there are people that would risk their lives to bring down America, to be able to see things from another perspective. To actually get a worldly view on things.

No comments: